From Wikimedia Philippines
- June 15, 2013
- 2013 WikiConference and Annual General Meeting of Wikimedia Philippines.
- April 16–May 16, 2013
- Filing of candidacy for the Board of Trustees elections.
- April 18–21, 2013
- Wikimedia Philippines participates in the Wikimedia Conference 2013 in Milan, Italy represented by Josh Lim.
- April 20, 2013
- Third Philippine MediaWiki meetup held at Eton Centris, Quezon City.
- April 15, 2013
- The Board of Trustees sets the date of the 2013 Annual Meeting of Wikimedia Philippines to June 15, 2013.
- April 13, 2013
- The Board of Trustees approves and authorizes the release of the Audited Financial Statements for the year ended December 31, 2012.
- April 12, 2013
- Pangasinan Wikimedia Community granted recognition as a Philippine Wikimedia Community.
- February 23, 2013
- Second Philippine MediaWiki meetup held at Jollibee Plaza, Pasig City.
- February 15, 2013
- Wikimedia Philippines gave a talk on Wikipedia at Chiang Kai Shek College in Manila.
The Philippine Wikimedia Conference
or simply WikiCon
is an annual conference organized by Wikimedia Philippines
. It is a venue to discuss developments and issues in the local or the global Wikimedia community. The first WikiCon
was held in 2011 at the Asian Institute of Management
. In 2012, it was held back-to-back with the Annual Meeting of the organization. For 2013, it is scheduled to be held on June 15, 2013 with two tracks that will also feature the first MediaWiki
training in the country.
Registration to the 2013 Philippine Wikimedia Conference is now open.
Who we are
| |Wikimedia Philippines, Inc.
is a non-stock, not-for-profit, completely volunteer-run corporation duly registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission
of the Philippines
with Company Registration No. CN201005637, issued on April 12, 2010.
Apart from promoting the projects of the Wikimedia Foundation in the Philippines, Wikimedia Philippines supports the creation and promotion of free, open-content reference tools in the country and advocates for the use of native Philippine languages in creating educational and reference materials.
It is one of the 39 local chapters recognized by the Wikimedia Foundation, which are independent organizations that support and promote its projects in a specific locality/country.
For general inquiries you may send us an e-mail: infowikimedia.org.ph
You may also find additional contact information here.
By volunteering with us, you will be able to contribute your valuable time, talent, and expertise to empower and engage people to collect and develop educational content under a free license or in the public domain, and to disseminate it effectively and globally. Your assistance will not only provide future generations greater access to information, it will also provide you with a heartwarming and rewarding experience.
Wikimedia Philippines provides a variety of volunteer opportunities. To learn more, visit our member FAQ page.
Most requested downloads
The Wikimedia Foundation, a non-profit organization, operates several multilingual and free-content projects, including Wikipedia, the free online encyclopedia, which has become one of the world's most popular web destinations.