From Wikimedia Philippines
Membership verification 2017
Approved (8–0) on 29 Jun 2017.
For (8, 100%): Antes, Balingit, Bautista, Coros, Lim, Ordonio, Ramirez, Villar
Against (0, 0%):
Abstained (0, 0%):
Not present: Villocido
WHEREAS, Article II, Section 1 of the By-laws requires that Members have “genuine interest and active involvement in the affairs of the Corporation”;
WHEREAS, Article II, Section 2 of the By-laws states that “Regular Membership shall be all Members of good standing who are paying regularly annual dues as may be imposed by the Corporation: Provided that if any Member who fails to comply with the basic requirement of Regular Membership, the same shall be considered as an Associate Member”;
WHEREAS, the Associate Membership tier was created with the intention to provide Members who have not been able to pay their annual dues an opportunity to settle their arrears instead of being expelled outright, and that this tier was not intended to be an indefinite status for Members to maintain their Membership with the Corporation;
NOW THEREFORE, it is hereby RESOLVED, that the Board of Trustees shall undertake a membership verification process as follows:
- Any Associate Member who (1) had never become a Regular Member for the year 2015 or 2016; (2) had never participated in any official project or activity of the Corporation in 2015, 2016, or 2017 to date; and (3) had never personally attended the 2015 or 2016 Regular Meeting of the Corporation nor provided an affirmative notice that they would personally attend the 2017 Regular Meeting of the Corporation shall be expelled from the Corporation effective the date this resolution has passed.
- The Board of Trustees shall conduct a membership survey asking the remaining Members whether they still have genuine interest and the desire to have active involvement in the affairs of the Corporation.
- Any Regular or Associate Member who has responded to the survey in the negative shall be considered to have resigned their Membership in the Corporation effective the date of their response to the survey.
- Any Associate Member who has responded to the survey in the affirmative by June 30, 2017 shall have until September 30, 2017 to pay their annual dues for 2017; otherwise they shall be expelled from the Corporation effective October 1, 2017.
- Any Associate Member who has not responded to the survey in the affirmative by June 30, 2017 shall be expelled from the Corporation effective July 1, 2017.
RESOLVED FURTHER, that in the future, holding Associate Membership for more than one (1) year shall be considered a valid ground for expulsion from the Corporation.