Unlimited Wikipedia access through Smart! m.wikipedia.org
Board Meeting 2015-02-07
|← Previous||Board Meeting on 07 February 2015||Next →|
| Notice of meeting:
Location: Montojo St, Tejeros, Makati City, PH
- Call to order
- Determination of a Quorum
- Approval of Minutes of the Last Meeting
- Reading and Approval of the Agenda
- Activity updates
- Other Matters
- Proposed Board Resolutions
- Juan Bautista Alegre, President
- John Paul Antes, Secretary
- Jose Roel Balingit, Treasurer
- Tristan Marco San Andres
- Eugene Alvin Villar, Chair
- Allan Paolo Barazon, Vice President
- Not present
- Ma. Jenna Mae Delos Reyes, Vice Chair
- James Joshua Lim
- Vangie Padilla
- Call to order
- At 7:47 PM Chairman Eugene Alvin Villar called the meeting to order.
- Validation of quorum
- The Chair directed the secretary to validate the presence of a quorum. With six (6) Board members present: Johnny Alegre, Roel Balingit, Paolo Barazon, JP Antes, Eugene Villar and Tristan Marco San Andres, the Chair declared the presence of a quorum.
- Approval of Minutes
- A motion to dispense with the reading of the previous meeting's minutes was made by Treasurer Roel Balingit citing the delay of the meeting, there being no objection, the Chair dispensed with the reading of the minutes. Thereafter, a motion to approve the minutes was made by Treasurer Roel Balingit, and seconded by Secretary JP Antes, there being no objection the Minutes of the December 6 meeting were approved.
The Chair acknowledged the presence of Vice President Paolo Barazon at 7:50 PM.
- The Chairman went over the proposed agenda. A motion to adopt the proposed agenda was made by Roel Balingit and seconded by Secretary JP Antes, there being no objection the Agenda for the meeting was adopted.
- Discussion of 2015 Annual Program Plan
- Chairman Villar asked to modify "staff-related" work from the administrative services item and reword it to "admin/errands" work. Some modifications were also made for the items of Annual General Memberships (AGM) and Wikimedia communities. Scholarship funds for the AGM was reduced from Php40,000 to Php25,000. Funding for wikimedia communities was increased to Php150,000. Outreach and partnership projects fund was likewise increased to Php200,000. The Mozilla space in Pasong Tamo as a potential venue for the AGM Assembly was also taken into consideration. A motion to approve the 2015 Annual Program Plan was made by Treasurer Roel Balingit and seconded by President Johnny Alegre. The Chair called for a viva voce vote, with six (6) ayes (Alegre, Antes, Balingit, Barazon, San Andres and Villar) and no objection, the following resolution was passed as presented:
- Activity Updates
- Cultural Heritage Mapping
- The project execution of Cultural Heritage Mapping project (CHMP) is still continuous under its new Project Coordinator, Mr. Zac Pagkalinawan. Volunteers were also given updates regarding their new per diem rates.
- Global Voices Citizen Media Summit 2015
- Chairman Eugene Villar relayed to the Board that he was part of the panel. Upon the request of Mr. Eddie Avila, the Regional Coordinator from Bolivia., Chairman Villar was able to discuss and to explain how Wikipedia created new languages during the summit. He also mentioned to the Board the request of Mr. Bob from Mozilla for possible Wiki training in the future.
- Other Matters
- Wikimedia Chapters' Conference Meeting in Berlin
- The Board sets new standards in selecting 2 representatives from the Members of the Board of Trustees in addition to the existing provisions in the Participation Policy for the Wikimedia chapters' conference: 1) one representative must be relatively new to the Board or at least had not attended any Wikimedia chapters' conference in the past and 2) the other representative must be a veteran, attended the Wikimedia chapters' conference in the past, and knowledgeable on the WMPH plans, programs, and activities. A motion was made to select two representatives from Members of the Board of Trustees. The Chair called for a viva voce vote, with six (6) ayes (Alegre, Antes, Balingit, Barazon, San Andres and Villar) and no objection, the following resolution was passed as presented:
- Paolo Barazon informed the Board that his availability to attend the conference will depend on his office and should he be unable to attend, a consensus was reached that Eugene Villar shall be his substitute similar to the Board action taken in 2013.
- Presentation of bank statements
- Treasurer Roel Balingit presented the organization's latest bank statements and its ending cash balance for 2014.
There being no further business to come before the meeting, the meeting was adjourned at 10:02 PM.
I hereby certify to the correctness of the foregoing.
John Paul D. Antes