Unlimited Wikipedia access through Smart! m.wikipedia.org
Board Meeting 2014-01-18
|← Previous||Board Meeting on 18 January 2014||Next →|
| Notice of meeting: 5 January 2014
Location: G/F Gervacia Center, 152 Amorsolo St., Legaspi Vill., Makati City, PH
Time: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- "2014 Philippine Cultural Heritage Mapping Volunteer Project proposal presentation
- Web conference with WMF's Ingrid Flores
- Paolo Barazon, Chair
- Vanj Padilla, Vice Chair
- JP Antes, Vice President
- Roel Balingit, Treasurer
- Emman Ramirez
- Eugene Villar, President
- Not present
- Eric Calica
- Jenna Delos Reyes (with due notice, prior engagement)
- Josh Lim, Secretary (with due notice, school schedule)
- Christian Aguilar, Joel Aldor, Manolo Noche, Fung Yu
- MJ Gutierrez, Camille Ocsan
- Call to order
- At 11:57 AM Board Chair Paolo Barazon called the meeting to order.
- Designation of Secretary
- With the Secretary Josh Lim unable to attend the meeting, Roel Balingit was designated secretary by the Chair.
- Validation of quorum
- Upon direction of the Chair, the secretary-designate verified the presence of the quorum. Present were: Antes, Balingit, Barazon, Padilla, Ramirez and Villar. With six Board members present, the Chair declared the presence of the quorum.
- Approval of Minutes
- Upon motion of Balingit, there being no objection, the Board dispensed with the reading of the Minutes on 7 December 2013 and considered them approved.
- Suspension of meeting
- Upon motion of Balingit, there being no objection, the meeting was suspended for the web conference with Ingrid Flores of the Wikimedia Foundation regarding Wikipedia Zero. It was 12:30 PM.
- Resumption of meeting
- At 12:56 PM the meeting resumed.
- Deliberation of the project presentation
- Prior to the meeting, Joel Aldor together with Christian Aguilar, Manolo Noche and Fung Yu presented to the Board (Antes, Balingit, Padilla, Ramirez, Villar) the "2014 Philippine Cultural Heritage Mapping Volunteer Program". The project is the product of a series of coordination between Aldor and key officers of WMPH. A discussion immediately followed the presentation, which tackled:
- coverage of volunteer work,
- period of project implementation,
- endorsement from the National Commission on Culture and the Arts (NCCA),
- screening and selection of volunteers, and
- conference details.
- Several feedback and suggestions were provided and were taken note by the project team.
- Approval of Joel Aldor's membership application
- Upon motion duly made by Balingit and seconded by Villar, Joel Aldor's membership application was submitted for Board approval. The Chair called for a show of hands, and with five votes (Antes, Balingit, Ramirez, Villar, Barazon) in favor and zero against with one abstention (Padilla), it was
RESOLVED, to approve the membership application of Joel Lucky Aldor.
- Endorsement of the 2014 Philippine Cultural Heritage Mapping Volunteer Program to the Wikimedia Foundation's Grants Advisory Committee (GAC)
- Upon motion duly made by Balingit and seconded by Villar, the endorsement of the "2014 Philippine Cultural Heritage Mapping Volunteer Program Grant proposal" to the GAC was submitted for Board approval. The Chair called for a show of hands, and with six votes (Antes, Balingit, Padilla, Ramirez, Villar, Barazon) in favor and zero (0) against, it was
RESOLVED, to endorse to the Grant Advisory Committee of the Wikimedia Foundation, the "2014 Philippine Cultural Heritage Mapping Volunteer Program" grant proposal for the implementation of the said project;
RESOLVED FURTHER, to authorize the project lead Joel Lucky Aldor to sign the grant agreement should the proposal be approved by the Wikimedia Foundation;RESOLVED FURTHERMORE, that the approved form of the grant together with its conditions shall be the basis of the project plan and budget of the project.
- Upcoming visit of Wikimedia Deutschland's (WMDE) Kira Kraemer
- The Chair informed the Board of the upcoming visit of WMDE's Kira Kraemer from February 8 to 11 for the Chapter's Dialogue. The President informed the Board that this has been an ongoing project of Wikimedia Deutschland, the Wikimedia Chapters Dialogue project. Ms. Kraemer's visit will include interviews with 2 WMPH members (ideally, with one Trustee) regarding the background, history and developments of the chapter. The Board agreed to commit themselves to assist Ms. Kraemer in whatever help she may need in the conduct of her business. The Chair will notify Ms. Kraemer of the Board's decision with regard to her upcoming visit.
- Schedule of next Board meeting
- It was agreed to move the schedule of the next Board meeting to February 8 instead of February 1, to coincide with the arrival of Ms. Kira Kraemer.
- There being no further business to come before the meeting, upon motion of Ramirez, there being no objection, the meeting was adjourned at 2:21 PM.
I hereby certify to the correctness of the foregoing.
(Sgd.) Roel Balingit
- Approved on 8 February 2014.