Unlimited Wikipedia access through Smart! m.wikipedia.org
Board Meeting 2010-11-06
|← Previous||Board Meeting on November 6, 2010||Next →|
Venue for 4Q Meeting - Is Benchmark OK? Roel: it's big enough but since the meeting is on a Saturday, Benchmark is requiring 5 days notice. - Additional fee for use? Roel: 300/hr and on Saturday is likely 1-5pm (strictly 5pm because of the availability of the Benchmark staff). - Roel: we can bring in food.
Luggage for equipment - ???
Fundraiser - Misunderstanding with WMF fundraising office. WMPH: we are not participating in 2010.
Josh digresses: There's a canceled check (?) --> WMPH Paypal account is not active and Paypal is requiring a proof that WMPH is a non-profit. (???)
Grant reports - Josh: There is a format for the grant report, a template that we can just fill in.
- Report is actually a wiki page on Meta.
- Jojit: he can do it. - Josh: Other chapters have yet to file. Others: Irrelevant. - Which expenses goes where? Realign stuff from projects to startup grant. WMF may require documentation so we need to be strict with realignment. - Y4IT deadline: December 31, 2010 - NCS deadline: January 16, 2011 - Chapter startup: May 21, 2011 - Report will be done by project heads (responsible) with the Treasurer. - Preparation: off-Meta, Google Docs; when final copy to Meta - Roel has a per-line item detail of whether we are over/under budget and actual expense - Discussion of items in the startup grant.
Digression: - Benchmark 4 hr/mo question. Roel: use of Benchmark facilities for weekdays is from 9-6 with *some* notice, but Saturday/weekday holiday is as way above. Use of equipment has charges. - Josh: Press Release for project. Others: No need.
- Newsletter. ...
Event Planning: - Do we need a document? Roel: No need. - Roel: Creating an "event management document" from scratch is not good. Let's attend trainings and use those materials. - Lets write down lessons learned from the past 3 projects - Note: Butch attended an events management seminar - Summary: board discussion today will be presented to members during 4Q meeting (harvest from these minutes)
Code of Internal Procedures: - Expense Policy:
- stated in Bylaws that these must be approved by the membership body. - general discusion of the Expense policy. - 15 days post-project expense report -> 30 days - travel expense for convention instead of same area code, do some financial metric such as bus fare less than e.g. P100. - add sea travel - expand lodging section
- Finalize CIP by December 31.
Post-incorporation Tasks: - Need a board resolution about change of address to Makati (Benchmark).
- Jojit, Roel, and Pao will handle the papers for change of address.
- Permits (San Lorenzo, Makati) will handled by Roel (?) - DSWD (for fund-raising): Josh daw bahala, Roel will handle registrations - Josh will go to BIR-RDO (either Manila/Makati) to get requirements for getting tax exemption - Eugene will forward info about getting NGO status. - BIR registration (receipts, tax) by Roel
4Q Meeting: - finalization of 3Q meeting: Eugene and Jojit will talk about this. - Roel will handle Benchmark stuff - Refreshments: Roel - Present about Wikimania (maybe get Asaf's presentation)
Note: - Josh is available Fridays after 11am. - Eugene: weekends - Butch: weekends - Roel T-F after 2pm - Pao: ?? - Jojit: weekends + weekdays with notice
Re: Meetings with orgs: - WMPH Rep WILL NOT commit without prior authorization
Meeting with UNICEF: - Josh will create a letter to UNICEF by post mail
Chapters Meeting - Siska's visa problem to Germany
Wikimania 2011: - Start of scholarship application is January 1, 2011. - Approved talks automatically get scholarship (eg India)
Asian Chapters Meeting: - Feb 21-25 in HK - Josh will ask WMHK
Wikimedia Meetups vs. WMPH Meetings - Needs to distinguish more
Wikipedia Day 2011 - WMPH Open House / Wikipedia Meetup - Truth in Numbers
I hereby certify to the correctness of the foregoing.
(Sgd.) Allan Paolo Barazon
Wikimedia Philippines – BOARD MEETING
Starbucks Podium (Ortigas Center)
2. Jojit Ballesteros
3. Paolo Barazon
4. Roel Balingit
5. Eugene Villar
6. Butch Bustria
NOT IN ATTENDANCE
3RD QUARTERLY MEETING
– Next quarterly meeting: 27 November 2010 (15pm), Benchmark Virtual Office
– Benchmark needs notice only on weekends; weekdays don't need notices
– Must be filed 3 months after the date funds were granted. Minority of grants funded have
reports. But it's important that we submit early.
– (The grant report is a Wiki page on Meta)
– (Need to clarify if expenses are to be filed under the startup funds, or the project funds)
– Deadlines: Y4IT in December 31, NCS – January 16; Startup – May 21
– Reports to be done by project heads; to be prepared offline; final copy on Meta
– Roel: has perline detail of which item are over/under budget
WMF ANNUAL FUNDRAISING / FUNDRAISERS IN GENERAL
– WMPH will opt out of this year's fundraising due to legal requirements, which preclude
participation of WMPH.
– Josh: concern that not many Filipinos donate online; Butch: reiterated email/letter about
allowing people to be more creative with regards to donations
– Josh: next year's participation means that WMPH may need separate account for
– ask general membership body for ideas on nononline fund raising ideas
– There is a need to have more systematic planning
– Roel: re event planning/management: trainings, not documents
– Explore option of having a (customized) seminar on events planning with PTTC. May
involve WMPH members besides board of trustees
– (This topic to be included in the agenda for the 3
CODE OF INTERNAL PROCDURES
– Defer discussion on CIP until board gets hold of model CIPs from other organizations
– Tentative deadline for finalization: December 31, 2010. Can be moved to January 2011 in
case it cannot be finalized by then
– must be approved by the membership body per the bylaws
– Roel discussed the draft of the policy in detail (draft is in Meta)
– need to add sea travel policy
– expand lodging section
– definition of “area” for tracel expenses related to conventions
– Josh to contact BIR Makati or Manila re tax exemption status application
– Barangay permit done
– Mayor's permit done
– Change of address – Jojit, Roel, Pao. To be notarized by Pao
– DSWD – fund raising issues.
– BIR registration will be done in Makati (under the jurisdiction of Bgy. San Lorenzo
FINALIZATION OF 2Q MEETING MINUTES / PLANS FOR 3Q MEETING
– To be deferred on this meeting; to be done by Jojit and Eugene
– Roel: Benchmark stuff, refreshments
MEETING WITH PROSPECTIVE PARTNERS
– Josh: Fridays from 11a onwards, weekends
– Eugene: weekends
– Butch: weekends
– Jojit: Weekends + weekdays with prior notice
– Roel: TF 2p onwards
– WMPH will not commit to meetings with third parties without prior authorization of the
Board of Trustees
– (Meeting with UNICEF)
– Josh: Letter to UNICEF
– Josh: took note of Siska Doviana's (WMID) problem with visa
– submissions for scholarships begin January 1, 2011
– approved talks automatically grant scholarship approvals to those who will be involved in
the talks (as with representatives from India)
ASIAN CHAPTERS' MEETING
– February 2225 in Hong Kong
– will ask WMHK if they are organizing the meeting (or, if not, who)
WIKIPEDIA DAY 2011
– WMPH open house / meet up
Approved on .